Duke University Fuqua School of Business
|Duke University Fuqua School of Business|
|Average GMAT Score||690||GMAT Range||640-750|
|Total Applicants||Acceptance Rate|
|Class Size||445||Average Work Experience||60 Months|
|Length of Program||22 Months||Placement Information|
The Duke Fuqua School of Business located in Durham, N.C, offers many options to complete an MBA, all of which use the same core educational experience. Students can complete a traditional daytime MBA, a Global Executive MBA, or a Weekend Executive MBA, among other programs. Fuqua also offers a unique Cross Continent MBA, a 16-month program that can be completed in six locations worldwide, such as London and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Other degree options include a Master of Management Studies (M.M.S.), Executive Education programs, a Ph.D. in Business Administration, and a focused MBA program in Health Sector Management.
- Duke, The Fuqua School of Business is ranked 20thin Financial Times MBA Ranking 2016. It is consistently ranked under top 30 top global business schools.
- Duke MBA program is a rigorous, full-time MBA that allows you to explore new areas of interest and develop strong management and collaborative leadership skills.
- Fuqua not only have a world-class faculty and a globally-oriented curriculum, but it also has stellar entrepreneurship and brand management programs.
- Duke Fuqua is consistently top-ranked in the US in research productivity by Bloomberg BusinessWeek
For preparing below set of essay questions you may also refer someDukeSample Essay.
The Duke Fuqua School of Business MBA Application Essays –
Three short answer questions and 2 essays are required from all applicants.
Required Short Answer Questions
Answer all 3 of the following questions. For each short answer question, respond in 250 characters only (the equivalent of about 50 words).
- What are your short-term goals, post-MBA?
- What are your long-term goals?
- Life is full of uncertainties, and plans and circumstances can change. As a result, navigating a career requires you to be adaptable. Should the short-term goals that you provided above not materialize what alternative directions have you considered?
First Required Essay
Instructions:Answer the followingquestion — present your response in list form, numbered 1 to 25. Some points may be only a few words, while others may be longer. Your complete list should not exceed 2 pages.
- The “Team Fuqua” spirit and community is one of the things that sets The Duke MBA experience apart, and it is a concept that extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of “25 Random Things About Yourself.” As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire’s professional and academic background, so learning these “25 Random Things” helps us get to know someone’s personality, background, special talents, and more.In this spirit, the Admissions Committee also wants to get to know you–beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of “25 Random Things” about YOU.
Second Required Essay (choose 1 of 2)
Instructions:Choose only1 of the following 2 essay questions to answer. Your responseshould be no more than 2 pages in length.
- When asked by your family, friends, and colleagues why you want to go to Duke, what do you tell them? Share the reasons that are most meaningful to you.
- The Team Fuqua community is as unique as the individuals who comprise it. Underlying our individuality are a number of shared ideas and principles that we live out in our own ways. Our students have identified and defined 6 “Team Fuqua Principles” that we feel are the guiding philosophies that make our community special. At the end of your 2 years at Fuqua, if you were to receive an award for exemplifying one of the 6 Principles listed below, which one would it be and why? Your response should reflect the research you have done, your knowledge of Fuqua and the Daytime MBA program and experience, and the types of activities and leadership you would engage in as a Fuqua student.
- Authentic Engagement:We care and we take action. We each make a difference to Team Fuqua by being ourselves and engaging in and supporting activities about which we are passionate.
- Supportive Ambition:We support each other to achieve great things, because your success is my success. The success of each individual member of Team Fuqua makes the whole of Team Fuqua better.
- Collective Diversity: We embrace all of our classmates because our individuality is better and stronger together.
- Impactful Stewardship:We are leaders who focus on solutions to improve our communities both now and in the future. We aren’t satisfied with just maintaining the status quo.
- Loyal Community:We are a family who looks out for each other. Team Fuqua supports you when you need it the most.
- Uncompromising Integrity:We internalize and live the honor code in the classroom and beyond. We conduct ourselves with integrity within Fuqua, within Duke, and within all communities of which we are a part.
If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the Admissions Committee should be aware, please explain them in an optional essay (e.g. unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, or any significant weakness in your application).
- Do NOT upload additional essays nor additional recommendations in this area of the application.
- The Optional Essay is intended to provide the Admissions Committee with insight into your extenuating circumstances only.
- Limit your response to two pages.
If you need Duke Essay Writing help or Duke Interview Preparation, please fill upQuick Inquiry form (on right).