Interview Experience - Haas
Berkeley Hass Interviews are generally taken by alum's and the admissions committee. Haas interviews generally last for about 30 minutes to 40 minutes. Berkeley Haas interviews are generally taken by the admissions committee and the alumni of Berkeley Haas.
Haas interviewers are very friendly and very stress free interviews. Haas interviews are not campus specific interviews, interviews can also be conducted as per the convenience of an interviewee.
Berkeley Haas Interview Experience 1:
I must say my MBA personal interview with Haas b school was one of the best interview I have ever taken. I had already visited Haas campus previously and this time I asked if it is possible to have an off campus interview. The interviewer agreed and I paired with alum of Haas for the interview. The atmosphere was really very good. Questions asked during the interview are as follows:
- Tell me something about yourself which is not mentioned in your resume.
- Till date you might have taken a lot of decision of your life and career. Which one you are most proud of?
- Discuss about a time when you were a part of a group of peers & you failed to meet your objective. How did you deal with this?
- Tell me your views on the economy (where the markets are headed, Greece, Facebook IPO, how does a company have a sustainable competitive advantage, etc.)
- If you get admitted to Haas, how you are going to contribute to Berkeley Haas?
- Tell me something about the non-profit organization co-founded by you that has been mentioned in your application.
- Tell me about a challenge you have faced at your work.
- Do you have any questions for me?
So, overall I had a very good Berkeley Haas interview experience.
Berkeley Haas Interview Experience 2:
Hey I am Nichole. I am sharing my Berkeley Haas interview experience here. I interviewed with the recent alum of Berkeley Haas. The alum was younger than me, we met in a cafe and it was a blind interview. The alum was really very friendly, I must say the interview questions were ones that could have thrown me off balance, but the interview went awesome. Below are the Berkeley Haas interview questions asked me during my MBA personal interview:
- Why you have chosen Berkeley Haas for your MBA? Why you think this is the right time to go for MBA?
- As I am from a rotational leadership program, so the interviewer asked to describe my best and worst rotations.
- If I could take a 1-month sabbatical from work, how would I choose to spend it (Here I Choose to talk about my extracurricular)
- When have you had to deal with a difficult inter-personal relationship at the office and how did you deal with it?
- What do you think is the most important aspect of leadership? What is your leadership style?
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years or 10 years (short term goals and long term goals)?
- Do you want to ask me anything?
Berkeley Haas Interview Tips:
- Use short sentences while answering
- Watch your tone.
- Be confident while answering