Interview Experience - Fuqua
A completed application is not required during the open interview session. The invitations for Duke interviews are sent with 9-10 days of notice. This is useful information as the candidates might travel for different interview location.
Duke MBA personal interview is conducted by second year students, admissions officers or alumnus. All interviews are conducted in English which lasts for 30-40 minutes.
Interview Experience Duke 1:I had very in person interview with Duke Alumni at Durham. He was very kind and we chatted around 15 minutes. The whole MBA personal interview lasted for 40 minutes. The questions he asked were:
- Walk me through your resume.
- What do you think is the most important part about leadership?
- Tell me about a time when you displayed good team experience.
- What will you bring to the Fuqua classrooms? What can other students learn from you?
- Tell me your leadership style.
- Do you have any questions for me?
Important points: The entire Duke MBA personal interview was revolving around the teamwork and leadership.
Interview Experience Duke 2:I asked for off-campus interview as I had already visited Durham campus. The interviewer scheduled evening time through email and asked me to meet at a restaurant. She made me feel very comfortable and asked to relax for 10 minutes. I availed this opportunity in asking her own experience at Duke.
Then finally she started asking me questions like:
- Tell me about a time when you managed someone senior to you.
- Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict between two people of your team.
- Tell me about a time when you have convinced someone to your ideas/opinions.
- Do you have any hesitations about going back to school now?
- What will you do outside your classroom? How will you contribute to the Duke community?
- What are your Post-MBA goals and long term goals?
- What are your interests outside of work?
Tip: Prepare for Duke MBA personal interview before hand and you should have really good reasons why you want to go to Duke- Fuqua.