Harvard 2+2 Application Process
About the HBS 2+2 Program:
The Harvard Business School 2+2 MBA Program is a deferred admission process for rising and current college seniors. It is comprised of two years of professional work experience followed by two years in the HBS MBA Program.
Upon graduating from college, admitted 2+2 students spend two years working in a professional, HBS-approved position in the public, private, or nonprofit sector. The 2+2 Program attracts accomplished college seniors from all fields of study. HBS encourage students from science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines to apply.
HBS is looking for innovative thinkers who have demonstrated leadership and analytical skills and want to apply their knowledge and passion to make a difference in the world.
If you are in your final year of undergraduate study, you are eligible to apply in the current application cycle. This timing applies to candidates from bachelor degree programs as well as joint bachelor/graduate degree programs.
To be considered for admission to the 2+2 Program Class of 2021 (entering Fall 2019), you must be graduating from your program between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017.
To be considered for admission to the 2+2 Program, you must complete the following:
- GMAT or GRE taken April 3, 2012 and April 3, 2017 (R3 deadline)(You must take the AWA section of either test and the Integrated Reasoning portion of the GMAT if taken June 5, 2012 or later.)
- TOEFL or IELTS taken January 1, 2015, or later, if you are an international applicant attending a non-English-speaking undergraduate university
Class of 2019
GMAT Score Range
There are three rounds in which to apply through the HBS 2+2 application process. All rounds are considered equal, so please apply when you are ready.
07 Sept, 2016
14 Dec, 2016
04 Jan, 2017
22 March, 2017
03 April, 2017
10 May, 2017 - Class of 2019
Note: Dates for Rounds 1, 2, and 3 are the same as regular MBA Application deadlines.
- Tell us about something you did well. (400 words)
- Tell us about something you wish you had done better. (400 words)
Write Your Application
The application for the 2+2 Class of 2021 is the same as the written application for the MBA program with two differences:
- Two recommendations vs. three for non-2+2 applicants
- Nonrefundable U.S. $100 application fee (credit card only) vs. $250 application fee for non-2+2 applicants
All applications and recommendations must be submitted online.