|PGPX Class of 2018-19|
|Minimum number of work experience required||4-7 Years|
|Opening Online Applications|
|Closing dates for Applications|
|No of Seats||90 students per intake/batch|
|Announcements of Interview shortlist||10th Oct 2016 & 12th Dec 2016|
|Interviews||October-2017 & December-2017|
|Intimation of offers|
|Start of the Programme||13th April 2018|
PGPX Eligibility Criteria (2018-19):
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline (Minimum 15 years of study as per the education system in India i.e. KG to 12+2+3 or 4 as the case may be)
- A graduate should have minimum 4-7 years of full time work experience post qualification
- A post graduate should have minimum 4-6 years of full time work experience
- GMAT Score
- Leadership profiling
- Personal Interviews
Essays to be submitted by short-listed candidates:The candidates called for Personal Interviews will be required to send a write-up on the following two topics (about 500 words each) within 7 days of the short listing.
- What do you expect to gain from the PGPX course at IIMA? (500 words)
- Describe an event that has influenced your life and demonstrated leadership qualities. (500 words)
IIM-Ahmedabad recently asked essay topics:
- Of all the inventions and discoveries in the world, which one would you have liked to do/ make and why?
- How social are social networks?
- Learning to think is the most important learning.
- It is the Quality of work that matters than quantity of work?
- The most inspirational person you have ever met.
- Poverty and economic inequality in India.
- How should India grow in the next 10 years?
- Poor condition of health care in India.
- Ineffective Democracy is better than effective autocracy.
- What explains the runaway success of Harry Potter books?
- Preaching without Practice is an unhealthy habit.
- The most important in life to strive for is personal and professional achievement.
- Common sense is a result of prejudice before age 18.
- Allowing people to vote on policy initiatives is the only way to weed out corruption.
- Sensationalism in media should be censored.
- There is a deficit of trust between leaders of the world and people.
- Childhood lost in streets.
- Things should be as simple as it is but not simpler.
- Injustice is a threat to the country.
IIM A previously asked essay topics -
- Yoga - A forgotten ancient notion or eastern repackaging?
- Whether Chandrayan was money well spent or a unnecessary diversion of our country's resources?
- Are Gandhian Principles relevant today ?
- FDI in Indian education system--- boon or bane?
- Inspite of having a billion people we are not a sports power.
- Emergence of women in political and economic sectors is an aberration rather than a norm.
- Is Information Technology a mixed blessing?
- Our Governance and Political System share a deep mistrust for Entrepreneurship.
- Business houses should take greater social responsibility.
- We should conserve and protect our rich monuments.
- Should Indian Education be thrown open to the Foreign Universities?
- Child Artistes are an exploited lot.
- Foreign direct investment will revitalize the education system.
- Should Nehru's temples of learning remain elitist?
- Global Warming is a fictitious devil created by scientists.
- Ethics in today's business is a contradiction.
- The resurgence of the public sector companies in the current financial slowdown.
- Is Barack Obama bringing change only to the U.S?
- NGO's are not given their due recognition in society.
- Reading Pure science is a waste of time.
- Gender sensitivity courses should be taught to both male and female.
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- It should be made compulsory for Indian Politicians to be fit.
- Pubs are anti-Indian.
- Recession is the mother of innovation.
- Indian Space Programme is an ambition misplaced.
- Critical evaluation of India's space programme. Whether investment done can be justified or not.
- Indian politicians need training in communication skills.
- Globalisation has failed to live upto its promises.
- India should move from a multi-party to a bi-party system.
- Should Indian Women Change their surnames after marriages?
- India's youth should be take the positive aspects of western culture.
- Both men and women need to gender sensitivity courses.
- Multiparty system vs Bi party system in India.
- Industrialization should not happen at the cost of human rights.
- Existing educational System quells the creativity in children.
- Professional management is a mere rhetoric in family run businesses.