IIMs Application Process
The one year full time residential executive program, often termed as Executive MBA, is currently being offered by IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Lucknow and Indore. All the IIMs are similar in terms of program structure and classroom diversity. Some important features of the program are:
- Most IIMs try providing international exposure to their candidates through global case studies, visiting professors, industry experts and selecting students from different professional, geographical and cultural background.
- IIM program structure has gained wide acceptance across different industries, globally, for its prominent faculty, world-class infrastructure and practical case based curriculum. Many IIMs e.g. Ahmedabad and Kolkata offer family accommodation also.
- One of the biggest advantages of graduating from IIM comes from being associated with the IIM brand and tapping from its exceptional alumni pool, established over decades.
- For admission, all IIMs accept valid GMAT score except IIM Indore, which also accepts CAT score.
- Candidates are short listed for interview on the basis of their educational qualification, write ups, GMAT score and minimum work-experience of 5-7 years. Write-ups include recommendations, situational analysis and essays to judge your strengths, weaknesses, leadership skills and managerial capabilities.
- And after all, the final stone needs to be turned and that is interview!