Interview Experience - Kellogg
The interview at Kellogg School of Management provides an opportunity to the applicant to learn about Kellogg and also to admission committee to evaluate an applicant's career focus, motivation, maturity & interpersonal skills. The Kellogg admission committee evaluates on-campus and off-campus equally.
The MBA personal interview is just one criterion used in admission decision at Kellogg. All Kellogg interviews are based on candidate's resume only. Off-campus interview candidates must email a resume ahead of time to the interviewer. The interviewer has not reviewed the resume prior to interview.
Kellogg school of management interview experience 1:
GMAT Score- 770
Industry/Sector- Financial Services/Technology
Work Experience – 6 Years
UG Institute- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at
Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
Hi Arun, Anoop,
I wanted to update you on my Kellogg interview experience:
My interview went for 45 min at alum's office. He moved into an official meeting right after.
The questions were the usual ones:
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Career progression (While telling him my motivations behind each of career-shift points, I told him a bit about my Personal story and motivations behind Final Mile)
3. Career goals, Why MBA, Why now
4. Why Kellogg, What will you contribute
5. Tell me about a leadership experience (I used my IIT-BHU Alum Board experience)
6. Tell me a teamwork/collaboration based experience. What difficulties did you face? (I used a Goldman experience)
7. Anything else you want to add
8. Any questions for me.
The first 7 questions went for 30-35 min. Last one went for 10-15 min.
I was thoroughly prepared for each of these questions.
Arun, I can say one thing for sure that the mock interview with you was very helpful. It made me felt so prepared and confident during the final shot.
Many thanks for your guidance and support.
Kellogg school of management interview experience 2: Hi, I am Christina. I had my on-campus MBA personal interview with Kellogg and I am sharing my Kellogg school of management interview experience with you all. My interview was conducted by a recent graduate who works for an MNC. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and the interviewer made me very relaxed. Few questions asked by him were:
- Kindly walk though your resume.
- Give a personal example of teamwork in professional work place.
- Describe a time when you faced a challenge.
- Tell me about your time as an undergrad.
- What other schools you are applying to?
- Why do you want to get admit in Kellogg?
- What does "leadership" mean to you?
- What are your Post MBA goals.
- Do you have any questions for me?
Kellogg MBA interview preparation tips: Just be yourself, natural and be prepared to them that why they should take your admission.
Kellogg school of management interview experience 3:I had my MBA personal interview last week with alum. The interview was very conversational and not very high stress. It lasted for around 45 minutes and in the end the alum shared his business card with me. The questions I remember were:
- Walk me through your resume.
- How will an MBA make a different kind of person to me?
- Why did you choose you undergraduate school?
- What made you to decide applying in Kellogg MBA.
- What are your short term and long term goals?
- Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma.
- Give me an example when you took initiative.
- What would you do if you don't get into any program?
For Kellogg MBA interview preparation we will suggest you to go through the above Kellogg school of management interview experience.