Manchester Business School
|Manchester Business School|
|Average GMAT Score||630||GMAT Range||560-710|
|Total Applicants||Acceptance Rate|
|Class Size||114||Average Work Experience||78 Months|
|Applicant Deadlines||Rolling Admissions. Apply by May for September intake||Decision Dates||Not yet declared|
|Length of Program||18 Months||Placement Information|
Manchester Essay Questions 2012-13:
1. Tell us about your company, your current position and responsibilities. What have been your greatest achievements and contribution to your department/company strategy (quantify if possible)? How do you influence decision making? (350-600 words)
2. Please describe on your career progression to date. Please provide the dates of any promotions and details of any increased responsibility and salary? (350-600 words)
3. Highlight elements of your career that have included the following:
- Colleague and/or client management
- Financial/budgetary responsibility
- Project management/leadership
- International exposure (350-600 words)
4. What will your post MBA career look like in 5 years, 10 years? Which aspects of your previous roles will form the building blocks of your new career and how you will develop the additional skills to shape your ideal role? (250-400 words)
5. Tell us about yourself outside the work environment. What inspires and motivates you? What are the successes and achievements you are most proud of? Tell us about any significant personal involvement in social entrepreneurship. Tell us about you hobbies, sports and social activities. Also tell us about any significant personal challenges you have undertaken or overcome? (350-600 words)
These questions are designed to give you the opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional experience and your future career goals. These questions make up an important part of your application. Please try to keep your answers to approximately 5-15 lines (100-400 words).
- Essay Question 1. Please comment on your undergraduate degree result. Do you think that your result accurately reflects your ability and potential? If not, please explain why. If you do not have a degree please tell us about any professional qualifications that you have, or any professional training you have undertaken, and how you have demonstrated your intellectual ability through your working environment. Career and future goals
- Essay Question 2. Describe and comment on your career progression to date.
- Essay Question 3. Describe the nature of the business in which you are currently employed, the scope of your current job, your overall responsibility and any international exposure.
- Essay Question 4. Please describe/draw an organisational chart indicating what position you hold in the company (starting from the head of the company to the individuals reporting to you).
- Essay Question 5.What has been your contribution to your department/company strategy? Quantify this if possible.
- Essay Question 6. Describe any managerial/leadership experience you have. Please include details of any training, development or mentoring of colleagues.
- Essay Question 7. How do you define teamwork? How have you demonstrated team work in your career?
- Essay Question 8. If all our applicants have the same background as you, what makes you stand out?
- Essay Question 9.What are your short-term and long-term career aspirations and which area of the world is your preferred location?Motivation
- The MBA at Manchester Business School is a life changing experience and whilst enjoyable, is very demanding.
- Essay Question 10.Why do you want to study an MBA, why at MBS and why now?
- Essay Question 11. Describe a past experience where you have been strongly motivated to complete your goal.
- Essay Question 12. Describe any charity/volunteer, and/or entrepreneurial activities that you have been involved in. Please tell us about your specific involvement, why you chose to get involved and the amount of time you gave to each activity.
- Is there anything else that you would like the Admissions Committee to know?