Interview Experience- SMU Cox
If you have satisfied all the requirements of SMU Cox admission committee then the adcom members will send the invitation for MBA personal interview after your application is completed, submitted & reviewed by the members.
SMU strongly encourages on-campus interviews. At the same time the interviews are also conducted off-campus or on Skype/Telephone with the admission staff members. The off-campus interviews are conducted when the SMU admission team travels abroad. The SMU MBA personal interview generally last for 40-45 minutes.
Below are a couple of SMU Interview experience shared by the candidates.
SMU interview experience 1.
I had on-campus MBA personal interview at Dallas, Texas with the SMU alum. The interviewer asked me number of questions on my resume, career goals, team leadership etc. Few of the questions apart from above were:
- How would the people you lead describe what it is to work for you?
- How did you choose which schools to apply?
- How would you spend your free vacation?
- Tell me about your favorite college extracurricular activities.
- Have you spoken with alums or current students?
- Three things that you want me take away about you from this conversation?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Tips: Be prepared for tough questions. The adcom does not only look at your stats. Give reasons for admit in SMU.
SMU interview experience 2.
My telephonic MBA personal interview was scheduled at 3 pm IST with the SMU admission committee member. She made me feel very relaxed and comfortable by asking some very common questions like my interests, family background, extracurricular activities etc. The conversation lasted for approximately 40 minutes. The questions asked were:
- How did you decide to choose you major.
- Tell me about your professional accomplishments.
- How did your role progress at each job post college?
- How would you contribute to the SMU Cox community?
- Tell me about a time you worked on team.
- Tell me your one major strength and weakness.
- What are your plans posts MBA?
In the end she gave me the opportunity to ask any questions I have regarding SMU MBA and career placement opportunities. And my SMU interview experience was really good. Just be natural and prepared for unexpected questions.