Interview Experience- Stanford GSB
1. Last Wednesday, I had my GSB MBA personal interview with the Adcom. It lasted for about 50 minutes. Few questions asked during my interview were:
* Kindly share your resume with us.
* Why you want to do MBA from Stanford
* Share some experiences about your current job.
* You've seem quite satisfied with your current job. So, why now you want to do an MBA?
* Kindly share your experience where you led a team.
* Describe a situation where you led a team and failed. How did you react to the situation? What did you learn from this?
* Few more questions were asked related to my life stories
2. I had a very informal interview which lasted for 45 minutes. It was with the GSB alumnus. I poured all my thoughts in the interview. I want to be an entrepreneur after my MBA from Stanford. So, my MBA personal interview went about my entrepreneurship.
* Why do you want to start your own company?
* Why Stanford GSB?
* How the Stanford GSB MBA will help you to start a company?
* How did anyone recognize your efforts while leading a team and convincing them to accept your thoughts?
* We had a good conversation on global economic issues.
3. My interview lasted for 40 minutes with the alumni off-campus. Some very commonly asked questions were:
* Why Stanford?
* What did you like about your undergrad?
* Why MBA now?
* Let's discuss on your professional experiences.
* How did you react when you encountered a problematic person at your work place? What were the consequences?
* How did you created value in your organization?
* Share your experiences where you led a team.
* What are your career goals
* Do you think any critical information I could have asked you?